Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Biggest Ticket in NASCAR. Yeah, you should be jealous.

So Saturday I put on my big girl panties and drove by myself to Bristol, TN to check out the NASCAR race. If you know me, you know that I have a serious fear of all things heights and knowing that I would be driving up and down mountains made me go into mini convulsions. After I got all that under control, I forced myself into the car with Pete Edmonds' Garmin (thank God for those!) and headed to what I knew was going to be my last trip since I was probably going to drive my car off the side of a cliff.


This was what I was greeted to about 2 miles from the track...bumper to bumper traffic and RAIN. Yay, how super.
Well I made it, all the way there to the track, by myself. So you should jump up where you are and do a celebratory dance because THAT is worth a booty shake.



Here is the awesomeness of being a Nascar wife..

Yeah, they basically have a flat screen in the pit, didn't you know?
check out that moon!
Back off ladies, that belongs to me.

Anyone want watermelon?

Well, Jeff Gordon did not win the race (sniffle) but he did teach me lots of new four-letter words via the team radio! We headed back home about midnight, and I was tucked safely into bed at 3:30 am. My poor 2nd graders in Connection Class on Sunday morning.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment